World of India!: EtcEtc : Kevin Carter's Pulitzer winning picture of the Sudan Famine e

World of India!

Fire at will.
)

EtcEtc : Kevin Carter's Pulitzer winning picture of the Sudan Famine

I received this as a forward from some one I know, today. Normally I delete all forwards, but I could not delete this one, without publishing it. I don't know if I am violating any copyrights here, but I think the copyright holder would agree that publishing this is far more important than thinking about copyright.


The text in the pic above reads: The PHOTO in the mail is the 'Pulitzer prize' winning photo taken in 1994 during the Sudan famine. The picture depicts a famine stricken child crawling towards an United Nations food camp, located a Kilometere away. The vulture is waiting for the child to die so that it can eat it. This picture shocked the whole world. No one knows what happened to the child, including the photographer Kevin Carter who left the place as soon as the photograph was taken.

Three months later he committed suicide due to depression.

This was found in his diary :




"Dear God, I promise I will never waste my food no matter how bad it can taste and how full I may be. I pray that He will protect this little boy, guide and deliver him away from his misery. I pray that we will be more sensitive towards the world around us and not be blinded by our own selfish nature and interests."

Links to this post:

You can skip to the end and leave a response.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

November 13, 2006 8:15 PM

Well said. Food should never be wasted. There are organizations who redistribute the five star food among the poor. If only more money could be spent on such things than weapons of mass destruction.    



» Post a Comment