World of India!: CurrentAffairs : Open letter to a Nigerian Email fraudster e

World of India!

Fire at will.
)

CurrentAffairs : Open letter to a Nigerian Email fraudster

Regular readers might recall my earlier article on email fraud, where I had reproduced an example of an email fraud offer, received by me. Now I have received one more. I don't know why these chappies have taken a liking to me, but I suspect it is because my email address is public, due to my Blog.

I have decided to email my response to the fraudster. It follows the fraudsters original offer letter to myself,below.

-----Original Message----------------

ORIGINAL EMAIL FRAUD LETTER:

From: "Dr Ali Ahoefa"
Reply-To: aliahoefa01@yahoo.co.uk
Subject: Greetings from Dr Ali !!
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 12:52:26 +0200

FROM THE DESK OF DR ALI AHOEFA
BILL AND EXCHANGE MANAGER
BANK OF AFRICA (BOA)
WEST AFRICA
PHONE: 00226-78806779.

DEAR FRIEND,

CONFIDENTIAL

I know that this mail will come to you as a big surprise; I am the bill and exchange manager in bank of Africa. I hoped that you will not expose or betray this trust and confident that I am about to repose on you for the mutual benefit of our both families.

in my department I discovered an abandoned sum of 30.5m us dollars in an account that belongs to one of our foreign customer (MR.ANDREAS SCHRANNER FROM MUNICH, GERMANY), who died along with his entire family in monday,31 july,2000, in a plane crash. for more information visit this site below: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/859479.stm

I need your urgent assistance in transferring the mentioned sum immediately to your account, the money has been dormant for years in our bank here without any body coming for the claim, i don't want the money to go into our bank treasury as an abandoned or unclaimed fund. so this is the reason why i contacted you, so that we can release the money to you as the nearest person to the deceased customer.

please i will like you to keep this proposal as a top secret and delete if you are not interested and if you are interested reply and call me for my urgent attention, upon receipt of your reply, i will send you full details on how the business will be executed and also note that you will have 30% of the above mentioned sum if you agree to transact the business with me and 10% will be for any expenses that will occur during the transfer why I will have 60% as my own share.

DR. ALI AHOEFA
BANK OF AFRICA
OUAGADOUGOU-BURKINA FASO
WEST AFRICA

-----Original Message-----------------

MY REPLY TO MR.ALI AHOEFA:

Greetings Dr Ali Ahoefa,

Since this is the third such invitation I have received within a space of one month, I am ecstatic that three different people from Africa have been gracious enough to invite me to share a combined loot totaling approx. $100 million. Very tempting offers for a guy, whose net worth is only a small fraction of the amount.

I would like it very much if I manage to lay my hands on the wealth of Mr. Andreas Schranner. But I do not think the soul of Mr.Schranner would be very happy with a man in Burkina Faso and another man in India, enjoying the fruits of his wealth, which he so arduously acquired. The good thing is that we can twiddle our thumbs at Mr.Schranners soul and probably still get away with it, while we are down here. But one day, we would have to be at the gates of Hell and I can foresee that God would probably be naughty enough, to send Mr.Schranner to look after us. Mr. Schranner, according to the BBC report you pointed out in your email, was a property magnate. So chances are high, that God has put him in charge of allocating quarters to new inmates, in heaven and hell. So right from the time we enter the gates of Hell, Mr. Schranner might well be in direct contact with us. This is, as you can imagine, not a very comforting thought.

Secondly,Mr. Schranners grandson Maxmillian would be sixteen now (he died at the tender young age of 10, in the crash, according to the BBC report) and having been well fed and well exercised in Heaven, must have become a strong young man. Do you still wish to lust after Mr. Schranners money, my friend?

Thirdly, the worst part of going to hell these days is that, I hear, it is terribly overcrowded with 90% of the earthlings being sent there. This ratio was earlier much in favor of heaven. Naturally, property prices in hell are rising and Mr. Schranner must, again, have made a killing. I wonder how good a deal he would want to give me for a house over there, not to mention the kind of references he could leave, as regards me, with the Shylockian Bankers in Hell. Having recently seen my mortgage payments shoot up due to rising interest rates, I do not want yet another financial setback, at my final resting place.

I am sure you are beginning to see my point of view now.

So, I must regretfully pass this wonderful opportunity. I wish you give up this line of work, as soon as possible. Mr.Schranner is watching from above, and a real estate guy always keeps a mean score.

Good Luck.

Regds
You friend from India

-----End-----------------

I hope this drives these guys away from my mail box, in the future.

BTW, do also check out this article on the Nigerian email scam here, by Emeka, who is rightly worried about the impact these fraudsters are having on the image of Nigeria.

Links to this post:

You can skip to the end and leave a response.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

August 30, 2006 8:02 PM

thanks bobs for this and for linking my post. I am glad u exposed this line of trick, I will reference it in my subsequent posts.
And, I love ur blog, its cool.    



August 31, 2006 6:06 PM

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.    



» Post a Comment